Friday, March 6, 2009

One Year and One Week and Counting

I just finished my first week at work minus three full time staff people. Although there were and will continue to be adjustments, it seems that there is still some hope. As people assume new responsibilities they begin to see things from a new perspective. What once was left for someone else to do, is now taken care of with very little time delay. Those who were not very involved in the past are now stepping up to the plate and making themselves useful. Not everything goes as planned, but even in the best of times that is true.

As I approach my first anniversary at this job, I am amazed at the kind of year it has been. Granted, it would seem on the surface to be a less than stellar. However, it has been a challenging year, and one that has forced me to work hard at doing what is right and leading others to do the same. I would not wish some of the decisions I have had to make on anyone. But I wouldn't want to be any other place.

If you ask me if the journey thus far was what I expected, I guess I would have to tell you no. I really am not sure what I expected, but one thing is for sure, the older I get the fewer surprises there are. Maybe the year has not been mapped out just like I would have drawn it. But, here I am still on the journey and waiting to see what's next.

1 comment:

Bill Stanley said...

Kelly,
This blog entry has spoken to me more than any other in the past. You have no idea of what God spoke to me on through you, but know it is huge! Thanks for being used. I can't wait to get to the ville and share with you all that God is doing in my life.
I love you brother!
bill