Sunday, April 26, 2009

Reception for the Newlyweds

Yesterday was a great day. My wife and I hosted a reception for our daughter and her new husband. They were married in February and this was an opportunity for some of our friends and family to meet my daughter's spouse. I have to say that my daughter looked lovely. I was so proud of her, and she seemed genuinely grateful for all we did.

Friends and family are the best. We had about 13 different people come for the party. Each person was able to show their love and appreciation for the young couple. They received several cards in the mail wishing them the best, and will be able to get several items for their new home with all the cash and gift cards received.

All in all we had a lot of fun. We ended the day eating out with five of our closest friends. We all have been together for about 24 years. No matter where we have been we have always been able to count on these folks. They truly are the best of friends.

I want to take this time to personally wish my daughter and her husband the best. He leaves for Iraq soon, and they will be separated for at least a year, maybe even longer. It is our hope that once his deployment is over, they will be able to reconnect and enjoy their journey together.

No comments: